Job Title: SQL Developer
Responsible to: Development Team Lead
Location of work: York (you may be required to work away from home from time to time)
XCM are a successful Data & Marketing Services company
Services include; The ‘Horizon’ Customer Intelligence Platform, Analytics & CRM
XCM’s strategy is to expand the business through continuous improvement, investing in people, clients and solutions to ensure a very bright future.
You are a valued team member of XCM and required to fully support;
Our VISION ‘to be one of the most highly respected and valued Data & Marketing Services Companies’
Our MISSION ‘to Understand the opportunity, to Analyse the best options, to Visualise the solution, to Moneytise the prize’
Our PURPOSE ’to be constantly aspirational, driving exponential value for all who touch us’
Our VALUES ’to always value our People, Standards, Integrity and Courage
As a SQL Developer you will maintain, develop and perform the tuning of existing and new client databases. This will be delivered, through excellent facilitation of requirements through to the successful completion of all designated Projects, which will be to schedule, to specification, and on budget. The role will have no direct management of staff at present and will be managed by the Head of Development.
· Specifications for projects where SQL is the database application.
· SQL development including; SSIS scripts, Stored Procedures, Tables, Views and Indexes.
· Integration of SQL to reporting applications being SSRS & Business Objects.
· Integration of SQL to CRM databases.
· Compliance with the business processes.
· Delivery of appropriate internal stakeholder relations.
· Reporting of the allocated projects and delivery of agreed objectives & personal development program.
· Management of your quarterly appraisal process and documentation.
· Support Data design and workflows and Development projects.
· Assist with IT infrastructure requirements and specifications.
· Support the design and implementation of application workflows and processes.
· Support Third Party application integration services and applications.
Experience & Knowledge
· 3 years’ experience within SQL Database Development
· 3 years min experience integrating with CRM database applications
· 3 years knowledge and experience implementing and administrating SQL Server 2008 and later versions
· Experience working on Client Production Build Projects
· Understanding of Marketing and Data Principles distinct advantage
· Effective communication and presentation skills
· Demonstrate the ability to manage change with positive results
· Demonstrate ambition and attitude to succeed.
- 20 days holiday, increasing by 1 day every year of full service up to maximum 25 days plus statutory.
- Health care plan
- Dental and optical cover
- Death in service
- Company pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Games room
Please note if you have not had a response within 28 days please assume your application has not been taken further.
If you are interested in this role, please fill in the contact form below alongside your CV and we will be in touch.